8.25.2009

Aaliyah, 8 years later.

Wow, can you believe it's been EIGHT YEARS since she died? Crazy. I remember when I found out. I was at home watching TV and it came on the news. I couldn't believe it. She was so beautiful & talented and always seemed to genuine and down to Earth. and one of the things I admired most about her is that she wasn't raunchy, but she still managed to be sexy, but not flat out SEXUAL.

I was so affected by her death. Hers was the first celebrity death that I actually really paid attention to. She was from where I'm from (Detroit) and I had been listening to her since her first song. I remember the first time I heard "Back & Forth" I was outside at some picnic or something in KINDERGARTEN (boy, does that make me feel old! lol). When she died, it really taught me something; life can be incredibly short and end abruptly. Who would ever think they'd die in a place crash in the Bahamas after shooting a video at the young age of 22?

RIP Aaliyah. Keep singin' up there ♥



she was so beautiful.


here's the video she made right before she passed away. she looks so pretty.





sidenote: seriously, she had to have the prettiest head of hair ever. i was always so jealous of it.

RIP Aaliyah Dana Haughton. you will never be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmmnts|♥