11.06.2009

boy oh boy, do i miss my mommy! so glad THIS happened!

so, about 3 months ago (July 10th), it was my mom's first b-day in heaven. I was actually holding up better than thought. of course i missed her, but i was fine. i had a lot of thoughts going through my head so i just went for a walk to clear my head. then i chilled out for a little bit. then i got ready for work. got there, did the usual. called people. answered the phones and took a couple payments from customers. so, this one guy comes in, and he always pays in exact change. i forget his exact total, but i remember the change was like, 24 cents. so, he gave me the cash and 24 cents in change, and i usually never really look, but something possessed me to look at the change, and i looked down, and my grandpa & i (mostly him, haha), collect coins, and a noticed one was what's called a "wheathead" penny. and they're old, they stopped making them in 1958 i think. so i just looked at it, and i flipped it over, curious to see what year it was from cuz i knew it was old, and it was from 1954! the year my mom was born! she knew i needed a sign or something from her. i had been feeling really down, and missing her so much. i haven't dreamed about her in forever and i guess she knew i needed that. i'm so glad she sent it to me. so i replaced it with one of my own pennies and gave it to my boss to take it to the bank & i kept the penny for myself.

it's just too coincidental to be an actual coincedence, or "co-een-kee-deenk" as my mom used to say, haha. [why do moms always have little sayings like that?]

just wanted to share. to anyone who's ever lost a loved one, friend, whatever, even if you're feeling lonely, just know they're always, ALWAYS looking over you, even if it doesn't feel like it. my mom was the closest person to me in the world and it still feels like a really, really bad dream. even as recently as the other day, i picked up the phone to call her and realized i couldn't! i just wish it would feel more real already, but what are ya' gonna do?

the end =]




p.s., idk if you can really see the pic, but it's the actual penny. i'm keeping it in my jewelry box. i think i might have it made into a charm for my charm bracelet. i'm gonna cherish that measly little 1 cent for the rest of my life. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmmnts|♥